Arts and Crafts Ideas for Rainy Evenings and Weekends
The weather is bleak, days are short, and nights are long… Are you struggling to find activities that are both fun AND winter-proof?!
If that’s the case, we’re here with some top-notch arts and crafts ideas for rainy days and weekends.
Need some family fun? Look no further! Your little ones (and big ones!) will be thoroughly entertained!
Here are a few ideas to get you crafting…
- Paper bag puppets. Get some paper bags, paints, and pens. Find an online tutorial, and you’ve got a crafty way to spend an afternoon along with a fun puppet to play with afterwards! DIY finger puppets are another big hit.
- Tape art. Put some masking tape on a canvas, paint over and around it, then when it’s dry, peel it off. Your very own piece of modern art!
- Wax paper stained glass. Grab some wax paper and find a quick tutorial to find out how to make vivid and vibrant stained-glass windows!
- DIY flick books. With these, kids can create as many stories and cartoons as they want, meaning the options are endless.
- Origami! Always a winner with kids, especially as it leaves them with a new toy to play with.
- Physical activity dice. Craft your own dice (whatever size you like!), write on some daft tasks, then roll, play, and laugh the day away.
- Make your own board game, using whatever rules, tokens and board you like. The more creative, the better!
- Good old finger painting.
- Make your own jigsaw. This one will keep your family entertained for hours.
- And don’t forget the old classics… Drawing, painting, sketching, doodling are all fun ways to keep busy inside where it’s warm and dry.
If you want any more ideas, pop into our shop… We can help get your creative juices flowing!
And, of course, we have a wide range of arts and crafts equipment to suit all budgets. If you’re looking for an arts and crafts shop in London, come and see. Who knows? As well as entertaining your kids, you might just find a new hobby you love!