How to Entertain Your Kids Over the Summer Holidays
The summer holidays are half over. If you’re running out of ideas for how to occupy the kids for the rest of the holiday, we’ve got some ideas.
Keeping arty and adventurous kids busy can be a challenge, but we’re here to help. Read on for some handy inspiration on how to feed your little ones’ imaginations and stop them from climbing up the walls.
Here are our top tips for kid-friendly arts and events in London:
- Boris Bikes! Depending on the age of your kids, and how confident they are on a bike, you could make use of London’s hire bikes for a fun day out in the sun. You can use them on paths, roads or in the plethora of London’s parks. It gives you all something to engage in together, and gets you enjoying sunshine and exercise!
- Lidos! London is awash with lidos and outdoor pools, situated in places like Camden, Tooting, Hampstead Heath and Greenwich. Everyone likes a swim, especially kids.
- Parks! Another way to get out and about and have a bit of exercise. London has plenty of parks for a city ironically known for its suburban sprawl. Popular favourites include Regent’s Park, Battersea Park and Crystal Palace Park.
- Animals! If your little ones like getting up close and personal with furry friends, London has plenty of city farms where you can feed and pet a wide range of animals, including cows, goats, pigs, sheep and smaller creatures and critters. Popular ones include Mudchute Farm, Hackney City Farm and Deen City Farm.
- Museums! Not just for adults, London has plenty of hands-on museum experiences for curious kids. While the Natural History Museum boasts beasts, bears and dinosaurs, the Science Museum offers interactive experiments. Other kid-friendly capers can be had at the Horniman Museum and the V&A Museum of Childhood.
- Crafts and creations! Always a popular pastime through the years, doodling, drawing and painting have kept billions of children busy throughout history. And yours will be no different, getting a kick out of sketching, making and daubing. Whether it’s making finger puppets, painting a picture or using the riches of the great outdoors to craft ornaments, there are plenty of options on offer.
If you’re looking for materials to help you out with kids crafting, we proudly possess one of the best art supplies collections in the whole of London. Whether it’s paint, pens, pencils or advice you’re after, we stock plenty of it.