How to Make the Most of Trade Shows for Your Business
As a business owner, trade shows and exhibitions are a brilliant way to advertise who you are and what you do.
With plenty of attendees and a big area in which to display your skills, they’re a priceless opportunity. That said, they’re only effective if you plan the opportunity well.
London is full of trade shows and business conventions, so it’s good to learn how to make them work for you.
If you want some insider expertise on how to make best use of the opportunity, we’ve got some top tips on how to turn a trade show into a successful venture:
- Do something interesting and engaging: everyone will have leaflets and flyers. Yes, you should have those things too… they’re absolutely necessary! But you also need to do something interesting. Have a quirky or kooky element to what you’re doing, and you’ll attract attention not only to yourself, but also away from the competition.
- Make your table inviting: there are two main mistakes most businesses make… they make their stand too cluttered and they place a table between the customers and themselves. Both of these actions make your table seem intimidating and unfriendly.
- Use large format prints: a massive large format banner will attract attention to who you are and what you do. Make a massive banner, with a clear message to attract the punters.
- Offer free gifts: freebies like pens, pencils, sweets and keyrings go a long way. Everyone loves a freebie, and a gift is a great way to get into a prospect’s good books!
- Network with everyone! Don’t stop chatting… to customers, to organisers, to competition, to other businesses. The more you talk, the more you learn, the more connections you make… and this is all priceless.
- Have a prize draw for something related to your business that is highly desirable. This will attract attention and draw people to your stand.
- Promote on social media: promote your stand on social media to encourage people to pop along… and make sure to advertise that you’re giving away freebies!
- Work on a pitch: don’t just chat blindly and lengthily to prospects. Instead, think about a 30-second pitch to lure them in. What’s your USP?
- Hand out plenty of leaflets, flyers, brochures and business cards!
For the above to work (and if you do it well, it will!), you need to make sure you hand out plenty of marketing materials… and that these materials look professional.
For fresh flyers, brochures, business cards, leaflets and large format prints, get in touch with us. We’ll work closely with you to craft and create marketing materials that will attract new clients.
We’re experts on business marketing and advertising in London… so get in touch. We’ll make your next trade show a staggering success.