How to Organise a Wedding
What could be more joyful than organising a wedding?… Except when it’s hard!
Because it’s your big day, you want it to go without a hitch, but you don’t want to spend it fussing and fretting.
Luckily, we’ve assembled a checklist of all the things you need to consider before the best day of your life. Cover these, and the rest will look after itself!
Here are things you’ll need to carefully consider in the build-up before you hear those wedding-bells ring:
- Work out your budget. What’s your dream? What’s realistic? It’s important to consider both and find a compromise between the two.
- Start the guest list. Who’s in? Who’s out? Your capacity will make a big impact on who can invite… and on your budget.
- Find and reserve your venue well in advance.
- Research bands, photographers, florists, DJs, and caterers… because these are the people who will make your wedding pop and live in your memories forever!
- Start looking for clothes. This includes your wedding dress, bridesmaids’ dresses, and groomsmen’s outfits. Is the Mother of the Bride happy with her outfit?
- Hire a wedding planner if you feel it’s the right thing for you. Some London couples like to do this if their day is due to be a big one, or they feel like the stress of the occasion might prevent them from enjoying it.
- Plan a fabulous honeymoon!
- Consider transportation for everyone, especially those who have a key role.
- Choose your wedding cakes.
- Choose music. Lots of couples ask guests to choose a couple of tracks each, saving you the hassle of having to put a playlist together yourself.
- Select your food menu, ensuring dietary requirements can be managed.
- Marriage license – don’t forget this, it’s essential!
- Select and purchase invitations and all other stationery, such as save the date cards, invitations, orders of service, menus, programs, place names etc.
If you’re looking for beautiful wedding stationery, we can help.
We craft and create bespoke, quality wedding stationery, including save the date cards and invitations.
We can also help you to create a coordinated design that will carry through to your RSVP cards, orders of service, table plans, and menus.
Our studio staff will work with you to get it just right and ensure that you’re happy with the final product.
We’ll look after every element of your stationery so you can concentrate on all the other aspects of your wedding (which, as you can tell from the list, there are plenty of!)
With your help and input, we can settle on themes, styles, and designs that communicate the tone of your wedding and reflect who you and your partner are.
Our services are quick and affordable, and we pride ourselves on a thoroughly bespoke approach every single time. We also promise a swift, stress-free turnaround.