The Importance of Good Visual Branding
We all remember big, bold branding choices – who for example wouldn’t recognize the logos and branding of McDonald’s, Nike or Apple?
It’s essential that your business and your brand are recognizable, for two major reasons. Firstly, you want your business to be immediately identifiable. Secondly, it’s imperative you separate your business from the competition. And one of the best ways to do this is through effective visual branding.
Many business owners feel overwhelmed by branding and don’t know where to start. But if you don’t have effective branding you could be missing out on business opportunities.
- Awareness and recognition of your business are the key benefits of branding. You need your customers to immediately think of you when they have a problem to solve – effective branding can make this happen.
- If you have the same branding for many years, it emphasizes the integrity, continuity, and experience of your business.
- A consistent presence over various formats. If your branding is consistent over all your advertising, you look more polished and professional. This also helps your business and brand to be more recognizable.
- Good branding serves as a good first touchpoint and first impressions matter. We live in a world of visual immediacy, so it’s essential that your branding catches the eye.
- You can use your branding to attract the right clients and customers. Your branding must appeal to your target market. And if it does so successfully, they’ll come calling.
- Effective branding will improve and increase your social media presence, allowing you to gain more followers, customers, and profits.
- If your business changes for whatever reason, perhaps you update your products or services or decide to change your target market, a change of branding can help draw attention to this.
For your business to enjoy these benefits, it’s essential that your branding is effective. Bad visual branding can have the opposite effect, leaving you with a business that seems neither desirable nor professional. Your branding needs to be unique, memorable and cohesive, without being overly complex. Simplicity sells.
For help developing good visual branding, recruit the assistance of experts – people with a proven track record of developing effective marketing materials.
At SBS Printing we design and print a wide range of marketing materials for London businesses including business cards, banners, flyers, and brochures. We’re experts in branding and marketing and know what works.
We’ve been helping London businesses (big and small!) build better branding for many years. We know how to use visual branding effectively, especially in a big city like London. For better visual branding we’re here for you.